- Grant Ho, Aashish Sharma, Mobin Javed, David Wagner, and Vern
Paxson, "Detecting Credential Spearphishing in Enterprise Settings", 26th USENIX Security Symposium, August 2017.
[Distinguished Paper Award, Internet Defense Prize]
- Rishab Nithyanand, Sheharbano Khattak, Mobin Javed, Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez, Marjan Falahrastegar, Julia E.
Powles, Emiliano De Cristofaro, Hamed Haddadi, and Steven J. Murdoch, ""Ad-Blocking and Counter
Blocking: A Slice of the Arms Race", USENIX Workshop on Free and Open Communications on the Internet
(FOCI), August 2016.
- Sakshi Jain, Mobin Javed, and Vern Paxson, "Towards Mining Latent Client Identifiers from Network Traffic",
Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium (PETS), July 2016.
- Sheharbano Khattak, David Fifield, Sadia Afroz, Mobin Javed,
Srikanth Sundaresan, Vern Paxson, Steven J. Murdoch, and Damon McCoy, "Do
You See What I See? Differential Treatment of Anonymous Users", Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS), February 2016.
- Mobin Javed, Cormac Herley, Marcus Peinado, and Vern Paxson,
and Analysis of Traffic Exchange Services," ACM
Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), October 2015.
- Sheharbano Khattak, Mobin Javed, Syed Ali Khayam, Zartash Afzal Uzmi, and Vern Paxson,
"A Look at the Consequences of Internet Censorship Through an ISP Lens,"
ACM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), November 2014.
- Mobin Javed and Vern Paxson, "Detecting
Stealthy, Distributed SSH Brute-forcing," ACM International
Conference on Computer and Communication Security (CCS), November
- Sheharbano Khattak, Mobin Javed, Philip. D. Anderson, and Vern
Illuminating a Censorship Monitor's Model to Facilitate Evasion," USENIX Workshop on Free and Open Communications on the Internet
(FOCI), August 2013.
- Vern Paxson, Mihai Christodorescu, Mobin Javed, Reiner Sailer,
Mark Stoecklin, Kurt Thomas, Wietse Venema, Nick Weaver, "Principled,
Practical Detection of Surreptitious Communication Over DNS,"
22nd USENIX Security Conference, August 2013.
- Ayesha Binte Ashfaq, Mobin Javed, Syed Ali Khayam, and Hayder
Information-Theoretic Combining Method for Multi-Classifier Anomaly
Detection Systems," IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), May 2010.
- Mobin Javed, Ayesha Binte Ashfaq, M. Zubair Shafiq, and Syed Ali Khayam, "On the Inefficient Use of Entropy for Anomaly Detection," Recent Advances in Intrusion Detection (RAID), September 2009.
- Hassan Khan, Mobin Javed, Fauzan Mirza and Syed Ali Khayam, "Evading Disk Investigation and Forensics using a Cluster-Based Covert Channel," ACM Conference on Computer and Communication Security (CCS), 2009.