Next: About this document
- Member Advisory Board, Neural Computing Surveys (1996--).
- Member Editorial Board, Connection Science (1989--).
- Associate Editor, IEEE Expert (1993-1996)
- Guest Editor, IEEE Expert, Special Symposium on Fuzzy Logic.
- Program Committee, KR-94, the Fourth International Conference on
Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Bonn, Germany.
- Program Committee, ICCS-93, the Third International Colloquium on
Cognitive Science, Donostia-San Sebastian, Spain, 1993.
- Program Committee, KR-92, Annual Conference on Knowledge Representation
and Reasoning, 1992.
- Program Committee, CAIA-92, IEEE Conference on Artificial
Intelligence Applications, 1992
- Program Committee, AAAI-90, Ninth National Conference on
Artificial Intelligence, 1990.
- Organizer, Workshop on ``Connectionism meets AI''.
Sponsored by the Army Research Office, Dec. 1990.
- Organizer, Workshop on ``Connectionist AI?'' (with H. Gigley).
Sponsored by IJCAI-89, the 11th International Joint Conference on
Artificial Intelligence, Detroit, August 1989.
- Member CISE-II Awards Final Panel, National Science Foundation, 1989.
- Invited tutorial on Neural Nets and Connectionism,
at the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition.
Ann Arbor, June 1988.
- Panelist, 1990 International Conference on Parallel
Processing. Chicago, August 1990. Topic: ``Parallel Processing for
- Panelist, 1990 Artificial Intelligence Systems in
Government Conference, Washington, DC, May 1990. Topic: ``Role of
Connectionism in AI''.
- Panelist, COLING-88, the International Conference
on Computational Linguistics, Budapest, Hungary, August, 1988. Topic
``Parallel Processing in Computational Linguistics''.
- External Examiner, Swathmore College, 1988.
- Member AAAI and the Cognitive Science Society.
- Journals: Applied Optics, Artificial Intelligence,
Behavioral and Brain Sciences, Cognitive Science,
Computers and Mathematics with Applications,
Connection Science, IEEE Computer, IEEE Expert, IEEE Transactions
on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Neural Computation,
Neural Networks, Pragmatics and Cognition, Science,
Trends in Cognitive Science.
- Conferences: International Joint Conference on
Artificial Intelligence 1995, 1991, 1989; Cognitive Science Society
Conference 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994; IEEE Conference on Artificial
Intelligence Applications, 1992.
- Publishers: Cambridge University Press, MIT Press,
Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Inc., Morgan Kaufmann Publishing Inc.,
Pitman Publishing Company.
- Funding agencies: NSF, ARO.
Next: About this document
Fri Dec 11 14:21:42 PST 1998