- N. Chang. 2008. Constructing grammar: A computational model of the emergence of early constructions. Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley dissertation. (more info)
- B.K. Bergen and N. Chang. 2005. Embodied Construction Grammar in simulation-based language understanding. In J.-O. Östman and M. Fried (eds.), Construction Grammar(s): Cognitive and Cross-Language Dimensions. Johns Benjamins. (Reprinted in V. Evans, B. Bergen and J. Zinken (eds.), The Cognitive Linguistics Reader. Equinox. 2007.)
- N. Chang and E. Mok. 2006. Putting context in constructions. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Construction Grammar (ICCG4). Tokyo, Japan.
- B. Bergen, N. Chang and S. Narayan. 2004. Simulated action in an embodied construction grammar. Proceedings of the 26th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society. Chicago, IL.
- N. Chang, J. Feldman, R. Porzel, and K. Sanders. 2002. Scaling cognitive linguistics: Formalisms for language understanding. Proc. 1st International Workshop on Scalable Natural Language Understanding. Heidelberg, Germany.
- B. Bergen and N. Chang. Spatial schematicity of prepositions in neural grammar. Presented at the 1999 International Cognitive Linguistics Conference in Stockholm.
- N. Chang and E. Mok. 2006. A structured context model for grammar learning. International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN). Vancouver, BC.
- N. Chang. 2004. A computational model of comprehension-based construction acquisition. Child Language Research Forum. Stanford, CA.
- N. Chang and O. Gurevich. 2004. Context-driven construction learning. Proceedings of the 26th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society. Chicago, IL.
- N. Chang and T. Maia. 2001. Learning grammatical constructions. Proc. 23rd Cognitive Science Society Conference. Edinburgh, UK. pp. 176-181.
- T. Maia and N. Chang. 2001. Grounding the acquisition of grammar in sensorimotor representations. Proc. 2001 AAAI Spring Symposium on Learning Grounded Representations. Stanford, CA.
- D. Bailey, N. Chang, J. Feldman, S. Narayanan. 1998. Extending embodied lexical development. Proc. 20th Cognitive Science Society Conference. Madison, WI. pp. 84-90. A preliminary sketch of representational mechanisms needed to account for the first 100 words, focusing on function words.
- N. Chang, J. Feldman and S. Narayanan. 2004. Structured connectionist models of language, cognition and action. Ninth Neural Computation and Psychology Workshop. Plymouth, UK.
- N. Chang, S. Narayanan, M. R.L. Petruck. 2002. Putting frames in perspective. Proc. 19th International Conference on Computational Linguistics. Taipei, Taiwan.
- N. Chang and I. Fischer. 2000. Understanding idioms (Word document). Konvens 2000 / Sprachkommunication, Volume 5. Berlin: BDE-Verlag. pp. 33-37.
- N. Chang, D. Gildea, S. Narayanan. 1998. A dynamic model of aspectual composition. Proc. 20th Cognitive Science Society Conference. Madison, WI.
See here for additional papers/presentations.