Berkeley Construction Grammar
Latest update: February 27, 1997
C. Fillmore (email@example.com)
P. Kay (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This started out as a class web-page, a spring-semester version of
Linguistics 220, UCB, but will now serve as a location for various kinds
of material, the newest being current drafts of a work-in-progress,
Construction Grammar, by CJF and PK.
New Version of text, in progress.
STILL NOT READY
Chapter Two: Formal Architecture
of CG (Postscript file) Revised on 5/5/97.
This is a preliminary try at a new conception of the formal architecture of CG, on which
all comments and corrections will be gratefuly received.
Click here for links to
more recent papers on Construction Grammar by Paul Kay, including
later versions of the above.
- Lecture Outlines
- Jan. 17 Introduction, outline of the
material to be covered in the course
- Jan. 22,24 CJF on Idiomaticity
- Jan. 29,31 PK on Head Principles
- Feb. 5,7 CJF on Auxiliaries
(sort of ready)
- Feb 12,14,19,26 PK on Argument Structure
- Feb 28, March 4 CJF on Landmark/Direction/Magnitude
- March 6,11,13 CJF on Conditional Sentences
- March 18,20 PK on the "WXDY" Construction
- April 1, 3 PK on Left Isolation
- April 8,10 CJF on Secondary Predication
- April 15 CJF on Extraposition: ABANDONED!
- Constructicon (watch this space!)
- Bibliography (very incomplete)
- Glossary (just beginning)
- Other linguistics
The ms. for the CONSTRUCTION GRAMMAR textbook by Charles J.
Fillmore and Paul Kay (hardcopy only
available) can be ordered
2560 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Tel (510) 848-8649
Fax (510) 845-4945
You must request "Linguistics X20".
The material in the links reached from this page
is more recent than the CG textbook.